First of all, I wish you a happy Christmas. Today I start a new series of post about the new printer that I am building right now, Voron 2.1.
Features of Voron 2.1
- It is a Core XY printer with fixed bed plate, I like that because the movement of the bed plate is one of the things that worried me on the cartesian printers.
- 2020 aluminium extrusion profile, so is cheaper than other similar options.
- It has 4 independient motors for Z axis, so it will adjust very precisely.
- It is a closed printer with a carbon filter, so you can print ABS without problems.
- The dimensions of the printer are relatively small, it is a cube of 50 cm, for a bed plate of 350×350 mm
- It use linear guides and belts.